Friday, June 3, 2011

Simple Green 13022 All Purpose Cleaner. 22 oz. Review

Simple Green 13022 All Purpose Cleaner. 22 oz. Review
CLEANING: I find that the Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner, works pretty well, when used on things like counter tops, floors, electronics, and other equipment. Just a few sprays is all that is needed, and then I wipe them with a rag, or use paper towels. I like using this cleaner because it has a good scent to it, and I don't have to worry about getting sick using it, as it is non-toxic.



My workshop door had not been cleaned in 10 years, and as such, it was pretty dirty and grimy. I used half a bottles worth, spraying the door well. I let it sit for 10 minutes, and then I shot it with the garden hose. This stuff works really well, you should have seen all the dirt draining off the door!



IN THE BATHROOM: I use Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner, for everything in the bathroom. I clean the sinks, mirrors, and counter tops, and the product works well. I will also clean the toilet with it. Though I am aware that companies make these crazy special products for cleaning toilets, I think they are overrated. Just spray 8 to 10 squirts of simple green into your toilet bowl, let it sit for 5 minutes, and clean using your standard toilet scrub brush. Always works well for me, then I squirt some on the outside of the toilet bowl, and clean with a rag, works great!



What is the hardest thing to keep clean in the bathroom folks? That's right, the public shower! Don't you just hate it, when no matter what you do, the shower gets grimy and icky? I grab my trusty Simple Green, and spray it thoroughly all over the shower, and let it sit for 5 minutes. I then grab my shower scrub brush, and scrub it down well. Then I turn on the shower head, and rinse the shower down. Guess what? Looks pretty clean to me. Did I clean it with a special bathroom cleaner product? Nope, I used Simple Green!
The product claims to be non-toxic but does not list the ingredients on the label. I found a report by The Dirt on Cleaning Chemical Companies. They publish a report card on products and here's what they say about Sunshine Makers Inc./ Simple Green: Their product ingredient disclosure received a D+; their responsiveness to consumer concerns received an F; their toxic chemicals screening process received a D+; the toxic chemicals in their products received a C; the number of cleaning products on the market was 15; and the number of products that contain chemicals of concern were eight. The chemical of biggest concern cited by WVE is 2-butoxyethanol.



A report from scorecard.org about 2-butoxyethanol says that it is a suspected:

Cardiovascular or Blood Toxicant, -Developmental Toxicant, Endocrine Toxicant, Gastrointestinal or Liver Toxicant, Kidney Toxicant, Neurotoxicant, Reproductive Toxicant, Respiratory Toxicant, and Skin or Sense Organ Toxicant.



Not such a "green" product after all.
Read more about Simple Green 13022 All Purpose Cleaner. 22 oz. Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment