Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Meguiar's A-2216 Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax. 16 oz. liquid Review

Meguiar's  A-2216 Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax. 16 oz. liquid Review
Meguiar's has been around since the 1930's at least, Dad used Mirror Glaze on his Model A coupe. I've used Meguiar's products and been pleased with all of them, this included. While not quite as deep a shine as Mirror Glaze, this product is a one step application and one step buffing. While very easy to apply and buff by hand, I used one of Dad's old tricks - apply wax to one panel and let it dry. Shake some baby powder or cornstarch onto a buffer pad and buff it off. The cornstarch acts as a VERY fine polishing compound and left a dazzling shine.



I get about 3 month's worth of protection from one application. I particularly like how this product really brings out the sparkle in a metallic or metalflake paint.



EW




Sometimes I wish my car was BIGGER, just so I could wax even MORE of it with Meguiar's A-2216 Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax.



This is a labor of love, (but not a frustrating exercise in removing powdered wax from trim and other areas, like it can be when you use other brands of car waxes). I find that using a spray bottle of water and lightly spritzing that portion of the car that I am Meguiar-waxing makes the shine even more intense.



I usually wax the car twice, to get a very deep shine -- the first day I let the new wax coat settle, then the second day, hose down the car, dry it and Meugiar-Wax it again, for a beautiful deep finish.
Read more about Meguiar's A-2216 Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax. 16 oz. liquid Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment