Tuesday, June 14, 2011

5 Star Shine Paint Protection System Review

5 Star Shine Paint Protection System Review
I was highly skeptical about this product. However, I tried it and must state that the product does a good job. I applied it since May and now, almost 2 months later is still has the car with a nice shine and the body does not retain as must filth as it used to. Following the guide is important. Especially where they state to mix the part 1 in warm water. Applying the coating is like putting on a wax, just a little more elbow grease is needed to remove it. The shine is not a highly reflective one but rather a deeper, cleaner shine in my opinion. The car does not have that ultra smooth feel as when a wax is applied but water still beads (beads are important to some people I guess). Also, I live where there are 2 seasons - dry and wet - and the car keeps cleaner than before. Dust will still settle and mud will adhere but not to the extent as before and when hosed and washed with only water, it slides of easily. Also, bird droppings are not an issue and washes off readily leaving no visible stains or marks. Lastly, it has some resistance to gas since some dripped by the fuel cover when I was filling up and unlike waxes, it was not cut.



Note: My car is silver. However, the shine looks even better on my dark rims. Guess the darker colors may benefit a bit more with this treatment.
I actually purchased the entire Deluxe Kit. I washed my Jeep twice to ensure good contact ~ once with a good car soap and again with the PH Neutral soap that came with the kit. I applied the PPS cleaner as indicated (takes entire bottle mixed w/ 1 gal of WARM water), let dry to a haze, rinsed, thoroughly dried, and then applied PPS #2 as instructed. I immediately noticed the difference as I moved along applying the compound and then polishing my black Jeep. The tint became much darker and more reflective. HOWEVER, I used 2 dime sized spots on the applicator as indicator for approximately 2 sqare feet of space consitently and just BARELY covered my small Jeep. I was scraping the last of the component out of the small 2 ounce bottle on the last quarter panel HOPING that it would last. If you have a large SUV or a HUMMER, forget about covering your vehicle with just one tube of the compound. And if you don't put enough down on the applicator, the application leaves circular streaks where more of the compound sunk in deeper than the rest. The final results were Great! My 2008 Jeep looks like I just drove it off the lot. I'm going to comment on here when I notice the compound starting to wear away. Even with consistent weekly washing, I don't believe that ANY car polish could last more than a year. And if you live in the North where they salt the roads in the winter, there is NO WAY that it will last even THAT long!
Read more about 5 Star Shine Paint Protection System Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment