Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish Review

Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish Review
I tried it on my 2002 Lexus gs 300 and the results were not very good. I followed the exact directions that came with it. They improved but only for a few weeks-then they were cloudy again. Finally, i paid Lexus dealer $200.00 to do it with a product called BG. The result was very good, and 3 months out it continues to look very good. I do not reccomend Plastx, unless your headlights are mildly fogged. The BG is far better.
PlastX removed a deep haze on my headlights casings. My headlights were hazed, faded, and fogged over like a bathroom mirror after a hot shower. PlastX removed the cloudy haze from the lights after three coats that took 5 minutes each to apply. It restored them to almost brand new. My headlights now shine very brightly and light up the road ahead of me much better than before.



I'm surprised this product is only $5-10 dollars at your local Walmart and autoshops. The restoring properties of PlastX is well worth it. It's easy to apply, and the 10 oz bottle is more than enough to do a lifetime of headlight restorations. I think I only used an ounce for both headlights.



I knocked down the product down a star because it didn't do so well on a CD of mine. Despite using clean microfiber cloth, it looks like it may have added a few swirly type scratches to the CD. I wouldn't recommend it for that application, but if you're purchasing it to restore your headlights then this is the product to buy.



TIPS: Apply PlastX using a clean cloth, and apply with a gentle pressure. Repeat the process a few times until it clears out the haze. Finally coat the headlight in car wax to seal the final shine.




Read more about Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment