Sunday, January 24, 2010

Windshield Ice Scraper Right now


I purchased the two-pack of these because I was tired of the different plastic ice scrapers I had that didn't do a good job on hard ice.

From September to April I have to scrape my car windows almost daily. This scraper is one of the better tools because there are three different scraping positions. You can scrape in the position shown (although I had trouble keeping it in that position), you can fold the two larger blades back to expose only the smaller blade, or you can fold all the blades in front for a stronger scraping action (although sometimes the ice gets caught between the different blades forcing them to separate a bit which means you need to clear the ice to continue).

This is the best scraper I used so far because it scrapes away thicker ice easily when in the reinforced position (with all blades out front). It also works well, but not great, to dislodge the thick concrete ice I get on my windshield.

I feel this product could be improved by making the blades stronger and have a locking mechanism that keeps the blades in the "stand-like" position (like shown in picture) and in the reinforced position (with all blades out front). Because the blades are slightly pliable and not as firm as a thick steel knife, scraping away ice is still not as easy as wiping away snow from a windshield but it is a whole lot better with this tool. One other issue I found is that the blade only scrapes half of its length (so if you use the small blade only what's in the center gets scraped away, meaning you'll have more passes).

However, this is still a worthwhile purchase for me because it's a lot easier to scrape away the ice with this tool than any other scraper I tried before.Get more detail about Windshield Ice Scraper.

No comments:

Post a Comment