Saturday, January 30, 2010

Buy Meguiar's G-12924 NXT Generation Tech Protectant. 24 oz. trigger


As is true in many car detailing products and their use, prep-work is very important to get the best results.

This product is more 'protectant' and not so much 'cleaner'. I would NOT use this on a soiled or dusty surface first. Instead, I would clean the surface or damp-wipe with water to remove dust, before bringing this out.

Its a very heavy product, and it spreads well. Some people think its shiny, but I feel those people haven't spread it around on the surface enough to work it in evenly, or used too much. I found after using too much myself the first time, I went back over it with another fresh rag to take off the excess, and it left a deep finish that wasn't overly glossy (to me.) Not shiny and reflective, but not at all dull either.

As far as protecting, I did a torture test on an older formulae of this product. I applied half to a piece of an old plastic engine cover, then (accidentally) left it outdoors in the sun for 6 months. The unprotected half was brittle, and the NXT side was still floppy.

I use this on any and all non-clear plastics, rubber, and vinyl, including stripping and tires.Get more detail about Meguiar's G-12924 NXT Generation Tech Protectant. 24 oz. trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment