Saturday, January 30, 2010

Purchase Simplee Cleen Microfiber Household Swivel Mop Kit with Two Microfiber Pads


I found at my local hardware store a mop that seems to be very similar to this one and including an extra pad, costs less than the list price of this one (sales tax is less than the shipping charge). Mine has a plastic clip on the top of the swiveling head to clip it to the pole so it can be stored in a 'straight' shape instead of L-shaped. Maybe this brand has the same feature but it's not mentioned in its Amazon page.

The feature I like most which I wasn't expecting, was it's easy to remove the pad to wash in the sink between wipes of the floor. The pad is held on with hook-and-eye fasteners (or whatever the PC term is for Velcro) so I take it off, wash it like a dish cloth without having to manage the pole. This way, I feel that each wipe is comparably clean, that I'm not just pushing the dirt around. When I'm through mopping, I hand-wash and wring the pad then dry the floor with it. Finally, with these interim hand-washes, when I put the pad into the washing machine, I don't feel that I'm distributing floor dirt onto the rest of that load of laundry.

OK so maybe I'm a little obsessive-compulsive.

Oh, the only reason I did not rate it 5 stars, and this might not be fair, is it has no scrubbing feature. My now-retired sponge mop had a scrubbing strip on the back. This mop's pad makes it impossible to exert real force on a spot so I use a scrubby separately.
Get more detail about Simplee Cleen Microfiber Household Swivel Mop Kit with Two Microfiber Pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment