Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Low Price Meguiar's G12711 NXT Tech Wax - Paste


I bought this based on the reviews here. It's not as good as I was led to believe, certainly not as good as a quality yellow carnuba paste wax.

It goes on Ok, with a small bit of effort. Letting it dry and then taking it off is the same, easy but with a slight bit of effort. My main disappointment was in the result. It has less shine than a good quality carnuba wax and additional coats don't improve the result. I don't intend to continue using it.

Carnuba wax, on the other hand, goes on easy and smoothly, even on vinyl trim, doesn't have to dry (you wipe it off as soon as you put it on), buffs to a bright shine, and multiple coats only make it better.

My advice: If you want a wax that goes on easily, comes off easily and lasts several months, use a good quality carnuba wax, one that doesn't dry to a haze. I recommend the yellow paste wax from AutoSport (I've used it myself) but I'm sure there are others.
Get more detail about Meguiar's G12711 NXT Tech Wax - Paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment