Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Multi Purpose Metal Polish 2.2Lbs Can Flitz Metal Polish Top Quality


I bought this on a tip that it works on gas fireplace glass. If you've never had the fun and excitement of cleaning off the baked-on white residue from a couple of years of fireplace usage, let me tell you it is a chore. It is some sort of silicon deposit from what I've heard. The last time I cleaned them I used 3M rubbing compound and an orbital buffer. Even then it took about 30 minutes per panel (two panels total.) The Flitz stuff cut through 95% of the deposits in about five minutes of easy cleaning, all by hand, and I'm sure if I had broken out the orbital buffer it would have been even quicker. The glass looks fantastic. My next places to use it are a quite large stainless cook-top vent and the painted part of the fireplace. If it works well there I'm going to try it on some of our stainless appliances.

I recommend two buffing rags and one application rag (which should be damp bordering on wet.) Apply a dime-sized dollop of Flitz for about 1 square foot with the application rag, wait a few seconds, and then buff quickly with a soft cotton buffing rag, picking up the bulk of the residue. The second buffing rag should be a microfiber towel for best results, and it will remove the smeary leftovers of the first buffing towel very quickly and easily.

Every homeowner should have a can of this stuff in the garage. Five stars.Get more detail about Multi Purpose Metal Polish 2.2Lbs Can Flitz Metal Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment