Saturday, June 19, 2010

Zymol Z519 Detail, 16 ounces Best Quality


I'm pretty anal when it comes to car care products, and I've tried a lot of products over the years. My daily driver is black, so everything shows up on its surface. In a perfect world, I wouldn't have to use a quick detail product like this, but since my life doesn't really allow much time for frequent DIY detailing, a bridge product between washes and waxes is a must-have.

I was excited to see a Zymol QD product since I like the rest of their line. My usual in-between routine includes a once-over with a duster followed by the same with a QD. The Zymol QD isn't the easiest to work with, as it does sometimes leave a bit of a haze that requires some extra wiping. I feel like doing so digs into the wax I have on the car, as I can feel quite a bit of friction with my hand on a freshly QDed surface. If you're trying to clean off water spots from rain, you'll need a few microfiber towels, as once soiled, you'll leave hazy streaks all over the place. Other QD products seem to handle better in this area, but I don't think I can reference them here. I have had a bit of success with using Zymol's Field Glaze after a Zymol Detail once-over, but then you're looking at significantly longer time investment, and that's not what QD products are about.

All in all, this product is OK. Bang for buck and time considered, I think there are better options. Get more detail about Zymol Z519 Detail, 16 ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment