Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System Starter Kit Review

Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System Starter Kit Review
I was a little bit skeptical because... well, I'am skeptical about almost everything. But car dealerships have been using an ionized filtered water rinse for washing all their cars for a long time and it works great. So I took the $20 plunge.



It worked as advertised. It took less time that it usually does to wash my truck, took much less water, and importantly, I never touched my truck with ANY drying device. I rinsed it and it dried beautifully without even 1 spot on the chrome, windows or body! Perfect.



I have read reviews where people are angry that the components [soap and filter] have been discontinued but, I found them at Rite-Aid AND in bulk and in singles here at Amazon and at ebay. Some people need to be lead to the water and re-taught how to sip from the well.



All in all I found this car wash system to be exactly what it is advertised to be. More or less a system that removes the need to hand dry, and a water saving devise.
I've been using this product for over 5 years now and I just bought my 3rd one (in no relation to it's durability). I also want to let people know that I am a moderate to extreme car care person so I might be a little more detailed or use methods not normally used. I use this product for it's quick water to filtered water nozzle, that's it. I don't use the soap because I use a better (and unfortunately, more expensive) product. I also use a wash mitt with microfiber "hairs" on one side and a bug and crap scrubbing side and a bucket of clean water and bucket of soap and water(my soap clogs the products soap dispenser). This product really helps make it easy to turn the water on and off at the thumb area. The water pressure is just strong enough to blast off any excess dust and grime with the first rinse. Doing a few body panels at a time, hosing off the soap and grime right away really helps with preventing spots on the car after drying. The filter water function is also the best part of this product. It is a bit tedious, almost like spraying paint on your car from the top down in order to ensure NO water spots. You can leave it as is after rinsing but I've found that sometimes, you miss a spot and water spots end up in certain areas. I go the extra step by using a squeegee and get most of the water off and then use a microfiber towel to dry the remaining water. I must agree with other reviewers that the filter really does not last long as well. The product says 10 uses but I highly doubt that. I have to replace it after about 4 to 5 washes and I think I use the filtered function as necessary in order to prevent water spots - top down method and spraying like a paint gun.
Read more about Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System Starter Kit Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment