Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Zymol Hand Crafted Waxes - Carbon Wax, 8 Ounces Best Quality


I took a leap of faith and purchased the Zymol cleanse and carbon wax. I had no idea if these products were worth their cost compared to other cleaners and waxes, but thought they would be worth a shot.

The HD Cleanse is easy to use. I also used clay bars for really tough surface contaminants. As a comparator, I think cleanse is easier to use, but doesn't get out "baked on" contaminants as well as clay. That being said, the car surface was noticably smoother. I used the cleanse on the top surfaces prior to using the wax. When I started waxing over the car, the wax went on whisper quiet. Waxing was so easy that I tried it on side surfaces that I didn't use the cleanse, with noticable differences - noiser and more resistance.

The Carbon wax doesn't stain rubber (black) surfaces. It goes on like an oil and wipes off like an oil (it being oil in large part). Super smooth. I started to use a buffer to bring out the shine, but found it wasn't necessary (I use a random orbital buffer on other cars with other waxes). A terry cloth was all that was needed (I used my own - no need to pay too much for this).

I am sure that this won't be a long term wax. Carnauba waxes are usually short term waxes. I only plan on it lasting 2 - 3 months. That's OK, because I like to wax the car once a season to really look over the surface anyway.

BTW I barely made a dent in the paste to wax my whole car. Even though it is an expensive wax, it looks like it will provide many, many applications.

Get more detail about Zymol Hand Crafted Waxes - Carbon Wax, 8 Ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment