Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cheap Grizzly H4380 8" Buffer w/ 5/8" Arbor


This buffer was smaller then I expected.
But most disapointing of all was the fact that it is not made in Tiawan but China. And it shows. It obviously is mass produced on a grand scale with very thick sheet metal that is stamped and not forged. The Base is OK. The switch is junk.
Your buffing wheels will have to be perfectly balanced or the buffer will wobble like crazy. I tried bolting it down to my bench to no avail.
If you get too much rubbing compound on one side of the wheel it will wobble and vibrate like crazy.
I have many Grizzly products that are good quality including a 16 inch band saw and a 1x9 belt sander. These products were made in Tiawan not China.
I sent this item back and got charge a restocking fee of 15%.
The shipping is NOT free and quickly brings this item up over $100.00Get more detail about Grizzly H4380 8" Buffer w/ 5/8" Arbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment